I am super excited to share that next week I will be headed to Charlotte, North Carolina to speak at one of my absolute favorite conferences each year — the United States’ preeminent cybersecurity conference — SecureWorld!
On Wednesday, March 1, 2023, I will be leading a full day workshop for SecureWorld Plus registrants on Real-World Cyber Risk Management and Resilience Planning that will go from 9:00am until at least 3:00pm (and however long people want to keep talking about one of my favorite topics!). This will be a practical, hands-on workshop in an informal collaborative setting to have real discussions about the following topics (and any others that attendees may want to talk about):
- Lifecycle for investigating and responding to a cyberattack (such as a ransomware attack)
- The legal, compliance, and regulatory issues that arise from such attacks
- Legal and regulatory requirements for cyber risk management programs
- Assessing and understanding the real-world business impact cyber risk has on the company
- Prioritizing risks and developing a strategic action plan to execute
- Implementing simple and cost-effective strategies that take into account legal, compliance, and regulatory requirements
- The role of cyber insurance in overall resilience and incident response preparation
On Thursday, March 2, 2023, I will be speaking on Cybersecurity Really Is a Team Sport, since folks apparently did not get the message the last time I spoke on this subject in 2019 (see video)! In this course I will be discussing why strategic leadership and an understanding of roles, personalities, and psychology is important for building and managing effective cybersecurity teams.
Come and join me at SecureWorld Charlotte!
For my friends in the Boston and Houston areas, get ready, I will be headed your way next!
- On March 23, I will be doing the Lunch Keynote at SecureWorld Boston on Cybersecurity Really is a Team Sport.
- On May 17 and 18, for SecureWorld Houston, I will be doing the full day workshop on Real-World Cyber Risk Management and Resilience Planning and speaking on Cybersecurity Really Is a Team Sport.
I hope to see you at one of these awesome events — please let me know if you are going to be there!