When someone posts their copyrighted photograph, that photograph does not become publicly available. It continues to be protected by copyright. Other people cannot then take that photograph and publish it for other purposes. See the following for more information: Judge: News agencies shouldn’t have used Twitter photos | Internet & Media – CNET News.
computer | data privacy | social media | Law Blog
Tweeting a Copyrighted Photograph Does Not Make it Fair Game for Others to Use
- Family Law Judge Discounts Tweets That Threatened Children and Discussed Alcohol Use – R.M. v. D.Z.
- Court Dismisses Data Breach Lawsuit Against LinkedIn Based on Compromised Passwords – In re LinkedIn User Privacy Litigation
- Collaborating on Documents With Multiple Dropbox Accounts on One Computer
- You Can't Just Hack Your Way to Social Change
- FTC cracks down on spam text messages
- Presentation: Helping Businesses Prepare for Computer Fraud and Data Breaches
- Deactivating Your Facebook While in Litigation May Be Destruction of Evidence
- Listen to Shawn Tuma discuss social media law issues for business on PlayMakers Talk Show via podcast
- Law360 article quotes Shawn Tuma on data privacy significance of U.S. v. Cotterman
- Doing stupid (and illegal) things and posting videos of it on social media is, well, stupid.
- RT @ADBirnbaum: The ADB Daily is out! paper.li/ADBirnbaum/133… ▸ Top stories today via @shawnetuma 1 day ago
- RT @MiEmployAtt: Teacher fired for Facebook comment reinstated; court adopts a “just venting” defense flip.it/7UgyU 1 day ago
- RT @JFBrashear: No Damages? Illinois Federal Court Tosses #CFAA Claim Alleging Hacking of Law Firm Network ow.ly/l8fIb #cybersec… 1 day ago
Hot Topics!#smlaw #socialmedialaw abuse act access business CFAA Citrin client service computer fraud Computer Fraud & Abuse Act Computer Fraud and Abuse Act Computer Fraud and Abuse Act attorney Computer Fraud and Abuse Act lawyer customer service Data breach data security Employment Facebook Fraud Grandpaw's Lessons hack hacking Information security infosec law law marketing Lawsuit Lawyer legal LinkedIn loss privacy professional service respect Security service Shawn E. Tuma social media social media attorney Social media law social media lawyer social media marketing social media policies social media policy Twitter